Wednesday, April 11, 2007

As occasion serve thee

1Sa 10:6-7
(6) And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.
(7) And let it be, when these signs are come unto thee, that thou do as occasion serve thee; for God is with thee.
(9) And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day.


Verse 7 is where the rubber meets the road. To have the confidence to know the Lord is with you and to do as the occasion serves. Even if we are not led to prophesy, we have to learn to do what the occasion calls for, with out second-guessing the Lord.
How many times I have failed to pray for someone, although I felt I should. I don’t know when God is with me; I don’t know when He is leading me to do something and when I am in my own strength.
It is important for us to learn to discern the Lord's leading. We are missing too many opportunities to serve our Savior, because we haven't learned to hear His voice.

No comments: