(18) She (Wisdom) is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
(19) The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
It says we should seek wisdom, and by way of explaining why wisdom is to be desired, it says “because by wisdom the Lord has founded the earth”. If we seek wisdom, what could WE do? (John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.)
(20) By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.
(21) My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:
(22) So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
(23) Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
(24) When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
(25) Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. (We are seeing this desolation all around us, in storms, in earthquakes, mudslides wars, violence and plenty of other evils. It is a little hard not to be afraid. And I know that every place there are disasters, there are a few of God’s people present, and they suffer along with the rest. Yet, there is a greater desolation coming. A desolation of the wicked, and we will have no part in it. Whatever evil befalls us here; we know our end in Christ.)
(26) For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.