Monday, June 4, 2007

Inheritance

Psalms 2:6-8
6. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.


Here is a promise between the Father and the Son. The promise secures our future. Verse 8 says “Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen”. Jesus did ask. (John 17:20-21 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.)

Jesus has asked that we be one in Him. We can ask of Him and He will give us the Heathen for an inheritance. What have you inherited here on earth that will be in heaven with you? Only the souls you have asked for and received.

No comments: