20. Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
21. And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
22. And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
23. In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
24. And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
25. For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
I am really grateful for this story. In heaven there will be no contention about the roles of men and women. We will be as the angels and we will ALL be free to worship and to serve. There will be no restrictions because of gender.
I guess that means that in God’s eyes we are already free from all that. After all, He IS in heaven.