1 John 2:18-24
18. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19. They went out from us, but they were not of us: for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. (This is an awesome and scary verse and we do not use it like we should. Or rather I do not use it. Why not? The Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. Why don’t I rely on Him to do that? Why do I doubt myself if I know that the Holy Spirit leads me and teaches me? Just how many of my thoughts are directed by Him and how many are idle ramblings of my own? How do I separate them?)
21. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
(The word “IF” at the beginning of this sentence implies that what we have heard and believed may NOT remain in us. And if it doesn’t then we may NOT continue in the Son. How can we chain it to our hearts so that we never falter? What if at some future date we are drawn away and give it up? How can we lock ourselves in so we never allow ourselves to slip from the right way?)
1 John 2:27-29
27. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
28. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.