Saturday, October 27, 2007

I will in no wise cast out...

John 6:35-37
35. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

This promise is huge. Jesus says that the Father chooses us, but even if we are not aware of or sure of the Father choosing us, we can trust that “him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out”. He knew we would struggle with trying to know if we were chosen or not. So, he assures us that He will cast no one out that comes to Him. I am sure none CAN come to Him without the calling of God. But I haven’t ALWAYS been sure that I was called to salvation. I can only be sure Jesus will not turn me away.

No comments: