1 LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me. (Lots of people are going to be quick to lead you away from the Lord, and encourage you to be lost in sin.)
2. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. (These same people will deny God and try to persuade you that He is NOT your helper.)
3. But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill.
5. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. (It is the Lord, Himself that provides the air that you breathe and causes your lungs to continue. When He ceases to breath life into you, you will die. We wake up in the morning because He sustains us.)
6. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.
7. Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8. Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people.