Friday, September 19, 2008

Preaching Christ

Philipians Chapter 1:15-18
15. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16. The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17. But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel.
18. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretense, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

It seems like we have talked lately about the sincerity of preachers, about their dedication to prayer and whether or not they were making merchandise of us. Paul reminds us here that whether for profit or for Jesus, either way Christ is preached…Praise God.

Remember also the the Lord said in Isaiah:
Isaiah 55:11
11. So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

No comments: