1. And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
2. And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
3. Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
4. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
5. And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
6. And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
Aren't we amazed, astonished and dismayed when our family members do not believe our testimony of the gospel? and why should we be amazed, even Jesus' family did not believe Him. If they did not believe the Lord, why would they believe us? But if our family will not believe us, others will. Just keep going. If the Lord wills, someone else will be able to reach the ones that we cannot reach. Pray that He will send someone to those that will not listen to us.