1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (to be "transformed by the renewing of your mind" requires that we apply our minds to something new. We must actively engage in study of the Word of God to "renew" our minds according to holiness. If we continue to vegetate in front of unholy movies our mind will be filled with THAT.)
3. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. (Note that our faith came from God. Of ourselves we have nothing.)
4. For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5. So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. (We cannot think of ourselves as being all sufficient, or even self sufficient. We are members of one another. We are not to be loners. Every saved soul is of the body of Christ, we are not individual loners. If we use our gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ we shall do well.)