4. Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
5. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. (We are commanded to be moderate in ALL things!)
6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (Tell God everything on your mind! Even the things that you THINK will make Him unhappy. He will never be unhappy with an honest relationship with you. When you admit the things on your mind, He can begin to teach you. When you hide from Him, remember that He already knows all the thoughts and intents of your heart. When you tell him all your concerns, He can help you.)
7. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (This is the key to a peaceful spirit. What is in YOUR mind? The thoughts of your mind will affect your whole body and spirit. Whenever you find yourself worrying, or fearing, or focused on the ugliness of the world, think of this verse and meditate on the things you already know of God. You will find your peace restored.)